Horse Archery USA Insurance
To ensure your Horse Archery USA Club activity is covered, read the following information:
- COVERED ACTIVITIES: Any HAUSA club scheduled activity, to which the entire club is invited (even if only one rider is involved) is covered, so long as the activity takes place at a location that has been submitted to HAUSA by the club leader and is on the list of locations (see instructions for submitting club practice locations).
- NOT COVERED: If an instructor/clinician who normally teaches lessons at a club activity also gives private lessons to Horse Archery USA members outside of the club’s scheduled meetings, the private lessons are NOT COVERED.
- REMEMBER: Individuals are NOT covered by insurance and they MAY NOT participate in Horse Archery USA activities until their membership application and annual fees have been received by the HAUSA Board Secretary.
A:) Yes, all HAUSA approved competitions are covered by the HAUSA liability policy.
A:) A $2,000,000 General Aggregate Limit (other than Products/Completed Operations)
$2,000,000 Products & Advertising Liability
$1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Liability
$1,000,0000 Each Occurrence Limit
The following limits are sub-limits of and not in addition to the limits shown above: Damage to Premises Rented to You Limit $100,000 any one “covered activity” for property rented or loaned to you or in your care, custody, or control (other than horses), and the Medical Expense Limit is $5,000 (for any one person).
A:) NAMED INSURED INCLUDES: Horse Archery USA. Insured shall also mean: any member, employee, volunteer, director, officer or stockholder – but in respect of occurrences arising out of a covered activity.
A:) VOLUNTEER means any voluntary helper or official at a covered activity including, but not limited to: range masters, assistants, timekeepers, scorekeeper, safety riders, doctors, veterinarians, farriers, judges and the like, but only while acting under the direction of the named insured.
A:) A “covered activity” is any activity approved by or recognized by the named insured (Horse Archery USA).
A:) No, you must request in writing any additional insured’s/certificate holders. There is a nominal additional charge for additional insured’s or certificates. REQUESTS FOR AN ADDITIONALLY INSURED CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE MUST BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT!
CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE: Any landowner or insured may obtain a certificate of insurance.
To obtain this, the event organizer should send an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
– Name and DATE of the event
– Name or person/entity that is requiring proof of coverage
– Complete mailing address of the landowner/facility
– E-mail of the person to receive the certificate
A:) Personal /participant accident & medical coverage, professional liability, auto liability, workers compensation and owned property are all excluded from coverage under this policy. This is a list for summary purposes only. The coverage descriptions in this proposal are abbreviated. You will need to refer to the master policy for all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions. If there is any conflict between the coverage statements within this proposal and the actual insurance policy, the policy provisions will prevail.
A:) Any HAUSA Club that would like to host an event (competition, clinic, etc) must fill out the SUBMIT AN EVENT form completely and include any necessary documentation and information. Upon receipt, the Board of Directors/Event Committee will review the information and contact you within 3-5 business days.
A:) An Approved HAUSA Event is defined as any event hosted by a HAUSA affiliated club, covered under HAUSA’s Insurance Policy, and added to the online calendar. These events encourage clubs to have creative freedom, but as with ALL HAUSA events and activities, are required to follow all HAUSA Safety Standards, Rules & Regulations. A Recognized HAUSA Event is defined as an event hosted by a HAUSA affiliated club, covered under HAUSA’s Insurance Policy, featured on the website and social media pages, AND participants are eligible to accumulate points towards HAUSA’s Year End Awards. Please be prepared to have a phone interview with Board Member to discuss higher standards and expectations for this type of event.